Monday, December 2, 2019

Writing a strong thesis


I understand what fish is saying but I think he takes it too far. I don’t think sentence structure is really that important, it is important, but I don’t think its as critical as he’s making it out to be. file:///C:/Users/17402/Downloads/What%20Should%20Colleges%20Teach%203%20(2).pdf 
Yes, it is important because sentences form a paragraph and that’s what makes your paper an actual paper but in my opinion it is not the most important thing when it comes to college writing and I don’t think that’s the main thing teachers should be focusing on. 
Personally, I think they should be focusing on teaching how to write a strong thesis because I think many people that are in college struggle with just that including  myself https://finishyourthesis.com/how-to-write-thesis-tips/.  In my personal experience I think that’s because they don’t really teach about that a lot in high school and when they do cover writing a thesis its very brief and not very informational. So I think it’s really important that teachers take time in first year English classes to teach and show how to write a successful thesis and I think they can do this by possibly showing them different methods in writing a thesis and then they can experiment with the different methods and I see what they find works for them in their writing. I think having a strong thesis can really make or break your paper because without it your reader isn't going to know what your main points are in the paper. https://www.aims.edu/student/online-writing-lab/process/thesis.php
Like I've said I understand why fish thinks sentence structure is important but I don't think its the most important aspect in college writing because there are many sources that talk about how important it is to  have a strong thesis for your paper to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment