Friday, December 14, 2018

What Should Colleges Teach - Alned Qemalli

In the article What Should Colleges Teach Part 3, Stanley Fish takes on one of the toughest questions against any college professor. “What should the ideal composition course look like and what should it  teach? Stanley Fish says that most students in high school are not being taught any writing skills in a effective way. His solution is that to creat multiple methods starting from which he says is the most important method, sentence structure. To teach students who are in college instead of having teachers teach the course all over again.






When Stanley Fish described what he thinks in the most important thing to college writing is, I agreed with him. But after doing my own research I think that introduction is a good and better way to get better writing skills for students who are in college. Since the beginning of the semester I was assigned and completed many different things on introctuons. I attended a observation with a tutor and a English writing student, I researched articles online, and I even emailed a college proffesor at The Ohio State University Newark for some help. All of my sources are reliable and trusted. If a student can start off with a good introduction to his paper than his paper will be 100 times better along with his writing skills.






The one thing that I’ll always remember from my research and English 1109 class is the tutorial observation that I observed. I say this because when I observed the observation the student tutor who is Eli told the English 1110.03 student that his introduction was too weak and need to be longer and better. He explained why he needed to do this because when introductions are too weak they will not inform the reader about anything or interest the reader and grab his attention at all. That made me realize how powerful and useful a introduction is.


Although I think that introductions are more important, Stanley Fish is right about sentences too. Never worry about your paper all at once. Just make sure you have a good/strong introduction that will inform the reader about your topic and grab his attention and you will already be off to a start start in your paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment